The Mayan Chichen Itza is off course undoubtedly the most famous tourist destination. However, there are a few other ruins that must be visited. They are
Ancient Mayan Tulum
- It is believed to be one of the most important ceremonial centers of the Mayans
- It dates back to more than the 17th C
- It was a major Mayan trade center too
- The temple of Dior was built here
Ancient Mayan Coba
- It is another Mayan site, not yet fully reclaimed from the jungle
- It is, however, a favourite with the adventurous sort as it is in the heart of the jungle
- Its architecture, surprisingly, is very similar to the Guatamaelan city Tikal
- It is not as well developed and restored as the Chichen Itza site so visitors will be well warned to carry bug spray along with them when visiting!
Ancient Mayan Uxmal
- It is in the state of Yuctan, south of Merida
- It is one of the most well- known Mayan cities
- It is a large, impressively carved site
- Its largest structure is the "pyramid of the magician"
Ancient Mayan El merco
This site dates back to the Mayan post classical period
- From its main attraction, the pyramid, is a breathtaking view of Chacmochuc lagoon.
More info on- Mayan ruins cancun tours, Mayan Ruins, Ruins Cozumel, Mayan Ruins