The Mayan Chichen Itza is off course undoubtedly the most famous tourist destination. However, there are a few other ruins that must be visited. They are
Ancient Mayan Tulum
- It is believed to be one of the most important ceremonial centers of the Mayans
- It dates back to more than the 17th C
- It was a major Mayan trade center too
- The temple of Dior was built here
Ancient Mayan ALMA'S LSD Tour
This is a religious tour of the Book of Mormons. It ends up being cheaper than the buses going to different places. It is a unique company in Cancun and Tulum. It is, however mostly for the religious.
Tulum and Xel ha
There is also usually a Tulum and Xel Ha all day trip that is usually conducted. It is by bus and not too expensive either.
- It is another Mayan site, not yet fully reclaimed from the jungle
- It is, however, a favourite with the adventurous sort as it is in the heart of the jungle
- Its architecture, surprisingly, is very similar to the Guatamaelan city Tikal
- It is not as well developed and restored as the Chichen Itza site so visitors will be well warned to carry bug spray along with them when visiting!
Things to be seen
- Visit the archeological ruins and pyramids of Coba
- Climb to the top of Nohoch Mul and enjoy panoramic views of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Take an optional bicycle or pedicab tour around the historical Mayan village
- Top rated accommodation in Coba
- Hotelito sac be coba
- Villas arqueologicas Coba
- El Bodacito
- It is in the state of Yuctan, south of Merida
- It is one of the most well- known Mayan cities
- It is a large, impressively carved site
- Its largest structure is the "pyramid of the magician"
- Piramide del Adivino (Magician's Pyramid)
- The Cuadrángulo de las Monjas (Nuns' Quadrangle)
- Palacio del Gobernador (Governor's Palace)
- Juego de Pelota (Games Court)
- Casa de las Tortugas(House of the Turtles)
- La Gran Piramide (The Great Pyramid), a 100-foot, 9-level structure
- This site dates back to the Mayan post classical period
- From its main attraction, the pyramid, is a breathtaking view of Chacmochuc lagoon!